December 30, 2010

Black Meets White

If they were a color, they'd be black. If they were a movie, they'd be a thriller. If they were a piece of clothing, they'd be leather. But thankfully, they're a band... and not just any band. Jack White (The White Stripes / The Raconteurs), Alison Moshart (The Kills / Discount), Dean Fertita (Queens of the Stone Age), Jack Lawrence (The Raconteurs / The Greenhorns). Together, they are The Dead Weather, or what I like to call, the Dark Lords and Lady of Rock.

They first wowed me in 2009 with their "Treat Me Like Your Mother" video from their debut album "Horehound". A couple of weeks after I saw them live in Mexico City; although I barely new them, and could've gotten killed due to a very energetic mosh pit (a.k.a the mexican concert crowed) it was definitely one of my favorite concerts of the year. I quickly became a fan.

This year however, their second album, "Sea Of Cowards" really took it to a whole new different level. I saw them again this summer in San Diego, again, made it to the top of my concert list. The dead weather has a sounds that no other alternative / rock band can re-create. With guitar solos that will literally blow your mind, and lyrics that are not only intelligent but entertaining ( in a dark / creepy way) in every track, you'd be a "coward" not to like them.

Without further introduction, ladies and gent, I give you the No.1 album  of the year.