January 17, 2011

Last Night In LA

So, I know it's not the Oscars, or the Grammy Awards, and I'm guessing for some, The Golden Globe might mean nothing at all. But for other, it means the Red Carpet season has officially started... it means we get to play fashion police!! We get to judge who wore the best (and the worst) outfits, which Hollywood couple looked cuter, who deserved to win, who didn't, who had the best speech, etc.

So last night I turned on the TV for the pre-show, and surprise, Ryan Gosling was the presenter on E! It can't get any better that this, I said to myself. But then Robert Pattinson stepped in, followed by Brad Pitt, James Franco, Jake Gyllenhaal, Christian Bale (looking kindda hobo, but still hot)  Jon Hamm, Jeff Bridges... every single Hollywood hunk (except for Jude Law) was there. Clearly, I hit a WTF moment! (Ryan Gosling being the main reason for my idiotic stat of mind). Fortunately, for my mental health, that only lasted for a couple of minutes, since the show was about to start and well, he had to get inside and find his seat... next to Michelle Williams btw (heart-burn).

Anyway, moving on to the important part of the ceremony. It appears I've been living out of focus for the past months, cause both "Glee" and "The Social Network" were last nights big winners, and well, I haven't seen either. In fact, I haven't watched many of the nominated movies. Which means if you (like myself) haven't seen "Black Swan", "The Social Network", "The Kids Are All Right", "The Tourist" and / or "The King's Speech", we must do so before Oscar night!

Other than that, it was an interesting night. There was good and bad humor (as usual), drama, happiness and a lot of surprised involved. I guess the next couple of award shows will be something to look forward to.

For the moment, here's my personal Golden Globe List... you can also check out the real winners on the official GG page (if you're interested).

http://www.goldenglobes.org/goldenglobeawards/