September 25, 2011

SSL#11 - The Guy From Last Night

Less is more  - great phrase! And one I (almost) always stand by. Today's Secret Sunday Lover is a clear example of how this phrase can either go wright, or go very wrong. But first, you'll have to read this story in order to understand what I really mean...

So, yesterday I went to the movies and watched "Last Night", which I really liked. The story is not exactly pretty... in fact, it's pretty f*cked up. Anyway, there's this lovely french actor who I completely fell in love with, so, naturally I come home and Google him: Guillaume Canet. His name doesn't immediately ring a bell, but his face, I'd remember - You see, I have a great ability to remember faces, and that ability increases if you're, well,  hot - So, my next guess is he's pretty new in the business, and there is no way I've seen this guy before.
So I go to his filmography, apparently he's been around for a while, directed a couple of movies, been in a couple more, two which I've actually seen. Which means, in theory, Guillaume should be in my "hot -male-memory-account"... but he's not! So that's when I go to Google Images to verify this information, only to find that it is true, I had seen him before. So, why couldn't I remember him? Oh, right, he wasn't hot in his other films.


As I scrolled through Guillaume's images, I noticed the the main reason he didn't look as good in his other films was because he had a shorter haircut, no facial hair and wore t-shirts instead of shirts and trench-coats, which make him look completely ordinary and blah!

Anyway, after I noticed he wasn't as cute as I thought he was, I remembered him as Alex, his character form "Last Night" and realized what made him so attractive was not exactly his face, or his amazing body, or his perfectly achieved french look. What really made Keira Knightley (and me) fall for this guy was his adorably smile, his undeniable charm and his oh-so-casual-cool personality... not to mention that cute little french accent. So,

Lesson 1: "less is not more" LESS hair = Non, merci! // MORE hair =  Mais, oui!
Lesson 2: "less is more" LESS (evident) sex appeal can (sometimes) mean MORE emotional happiness.

Name: Guillaume Canet // Age: 38 // Profession: Actor and director. Why we love him: Watch the trailer and see for yourself ...