October 12, 2010

Cool is...

This whole INFLUENCERS thing got me thinking... what makes someone an influencer? Being cool, right?

But really, what is cool?

Is it something sleek and simple, with a hint of madness, that feels and looks effortless?
Is it thinking forward // breaking boundaries // confidence?
Is it an idea you wish you'd thought of first? *

To me, cool makes you nod in agreement with all your senses. It makes you grin... there might even be some goosebumps involved.

Cool makes you go from "oh, wow!" to "ahh, that would make me look good".
Its the art of not needing to try to be it.
Possessing enough confidence in your own ideas and style to turn heads.
It's something that makes you want to tell people about it.
Someone who is not affected by other peoples opinions or behaviors.

Cool is cool. Defining it any further may just defeat its purpose.

* This happens to me (a lot) when i see a product or a design i like and my mind starts screaming I WANT, I WANT I WANT!!