January 20, 2011

Back To Basics

So, the last couple of posts have all been fashion or music related... in fact, they might all be fashion or music related. Not that there's anything wrong with that, I mean, clearly they're things we all love, specially music... or fashion? no definitely music... I think.

Anyway, it's time I introduce the other love of my life: graphic design. I know, it's weird. Me being a graphic designer and yet, there's been so little of it on the blog. I kinda feel bad now that I think about it, like I've somehow betrayed visual arts. I mean, there are sooo many cool and talented graphic designers out there I've yet to show you, starting with this super cute short film by Italian designer Alessandro Novelli. It shows the alphabet, in 60 seconds, with a pretty amazing variety of typographies that go from all time classics like Didot, to modern day fonts like MOD... plus the way it's been put together and the french music is just sooo beautiful.

So, conclusion of the day: Graphic Design is here to stay! Which means oh, hello lucy is about to get that much cooler... haha!!

http://vimeo.com/18499580